One of the nation’s largest and most recognized sustainable forestry programs is administered by the American Forest and Paper Association. SFI is a comprehensive system of principles, objectives and performance measurements that help insure our forests are managed, used and wisely protected for current and future generations.
- Broadening the practice of sustainable forestry
- Ensuring prompt reforestation
- Protecting water quality
- Enhancing wildlife habitat
- Minimizing the visual impact of harvesting
- Protecting special sites
- Contributing to biodiversity
- Continuing improvements in wood utilization
- Continuing the prudent use of forest chemicals to ensure forest and environmental health
- Encouraging good, sound forest management principles
As part of Biewer’s participation in sustainable forest management we require that log suppliers complete core education programs that include training in: Water Quality, Wildlife management, Forest Silviculture Practices, Equipment Maintenance, Soil Conservation and Harvesting Techniques.